Get comprehensive learning across the latest Office 2016 suite. Optimise your work and productivity with your new skills in Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook.
This course is only available to New Zealand citizens or Permanent Residents.
- Gain an understanding of the advanced concepts of document production using Microsoft Word 2016. By the end of the module you will be able to create, edit, format, save and print a wide range of well-presented documents.
- Gain advanced knowledge and skills to be able to use Excel 2016, or any other spreadsheet application.
- Learn the essentials of creating a presentation using presentation tools, specifically Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Learn the essentials of working with e-mail as well as using an electronic calendar.
- Word processing
- Efficient editing and formatting, including use of tables
- Mail merging and inserting objects
- Proofing and printing
- Using workbooks and worksheets
- Using advanced formulas and functions and pivot tables
- Formatting, using charts and printing
- Using the online help facilities
- Using objects in PowerPoint
- Producing and distributing slide shows
- Working with E-mail, calendar, contacts, journals and notes
- Use advanced Microsoft Word features
- Use advanced features of Microsoft Excel
- Use Microsoft Excel for displaying data, including pivot tables, consolidating data and linking multiple worksheets
- Create an Excel worksheet for use in a variety of contexts
- Create a PowerPoint presentation incorporating a variety of features
- Use advanced Microsoft Outlook features
On-campus, face-to-face learning and assessments: Up to 120 hours.
Home study: Up to 60 hours.
- Part-time study: up to 15 weeks
Based on 8 hours per week on campus + 4 hours/week home study
- Full-time study: up to 5 weeks
Based on 25 hours per week on campus + 12.5 hours/week home study
2018 start dates
Fees are inclusive of GST and include all institute based learning guides, texts and access to resources.
What do I need to start?
You can study at one of our three training centres: Auckland, Wellington or Christchurch.
Register your interest